- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Impressed With Handling Of 26/11 Security Crisis, Qatar Wants Indian Help For Fifa World Cup 2022
- Updated: January 30, 2018
The security personnel that ensured safety of Mumbai residents during the horrific 26/11 attacks, is now being sought by the organizers of FIFA World Cup 2022, which will be held in Qatar.
As per a report by The Indian Express, the organizers of the high profile event were impressed by the way the officers handled the crisis and want their assistance in ensuring safety of viewers who'll come to watch the games.
The government has accepted the request and thinks it will be a good exposure for the officers, reports The Indian Express.
A list of 20 IPS officers will be compiled and they'll go to Doha for the first security seminar in the run-up to the event.
The officers who will be eventually sent to the Doha include the ones who have been involved with events like IPL, FIFA U-17 World Cup and ISL.