- Virat Kohli Finds Form As Royal Challengers Bangalore Beat Gujarat Titans To Stay In Play-Off Race
- Rights groups urge FIFA to earmark $440mln for Qatar migrant workers
- Eintracht, Rangers fans put on show for the ages at Europa League final
- Medvedev downplays French Open title chances after Geneva exit
- Liverpool take title race down to the wire with win at Southampton
How to Score a Goal in Soccer?
- Updated: June 1, 2021
What is soccer? It is a team game played by two teams of eleven players with a round ball. Well, the main purpose of a soccer game is scoring goals against opponents. Any player on the field, including a striker, defender, midfielder, and even a goalkeeper, can score goals. However, is scoring soccer goals easy?
Well, if you don’t know a proper technique, then scoring goals can be one of the most difficult tasks. So whether you are a casual or professional soccer player, it will be handy to know the proper goal-scoring process. We have outlined this context with some of the most reliable goal-scoring processes and techniques, have a look.
What Is the Purpose of a Goal in Soccer?
What is the purpose of a goal in soccer? A goal is scored when the rounded ball passes between the goalposts and above the goal line below the crossbar. A goal will count as a goal if no offense is committed while scoring the goal.
A goal is an essential thing in a soccer game because goals help win the game. However, scoring a goal is not so easy because you will have plenty of defenders and a goalkeeper on your way.
Rules of Scoring a Soccer Game
FIFA manages soccer rules, and all soccer organizations follow its rules. Here we have included some key rules of scoring a goal in a soccer game. Continue reading to find out some core goal-scoring rules.
- The ball must need to pass the goal line below the crossbar and between the goalposts.
- Except your arm and hand, you can use any of your body parts to score a goal. However, players use the foot or head to score a goal.
- If you score a goal from an offside position, it will not count as a goal. If a throw-in goal passes the goal line, that goal will also not be counted.
- Goals will not be counted if there is interference from outside. This may include an animal, a spectator, or a thing.
How to Develop Goal Scoring Technique?
There is a saying, “Practice makes a man perfect,” and you also need to follow the same golden rule. Here we will show some techniques which will help you to score goals in a soccer game.
To score goals, you always do not need to practice on a field. You can use the goal bar and practice there alone, or you can choose the best soccer goals for your backyard. It will help you find the best shooting spot and practice.
Find a goalkeeper and then train with him or her, it will help you to enhance your scoring ability. While practicing with a goalkeeper, try to learn how to put the ball in the goal with your non-dominant foot. It will help you score goals from any foot and any situation.
If you want to develop your goal-scoring technique, you also need to play more practice with your team. It will help practice with defenders and goalies, which will train you to play against your opposing team with pressure and aggressiveness.
Play More Practice Matches
Playing more training matches will enable you to apply your skills and find out your weaknesses. When you play more practice matches, it allows you to prepare for any situation you may face while playing a soccer match.
How to Score a Goal in Soccer?
In order to enhance your goal-scoring ability, here we have included some reliable tips. We believe these techniques and tips will help you to increase your scoring skills.
Tips – 1 Use both feet to shoot a soccer ball, it will help you score goals at any position. Players who use both their feet to take shots are able to score more goals than others.
Tips – 2 Always be aggressive and confident while taking a shoot for a goal. If you have an open shoot, then try to finish it as fast as possible. Always try to shoot wide, and keep the shot low; it will increase goal-scoring possibility.
Tips – 3 You always need to anticipate your next move to score a goal. You need to be a single step ahead of your opponents and do not hesitate to shoot and pass the ball. You need to determine your next move or step before you even receive the ball.
Tips – 4 When you are in the field, you always need to keep moving. Never stand still and do not wait for a pass or the ball to come to you. Instead of standing still, move forward, backward, left and right to create a chance to score a goal.
Tips – 5 You need to explore your shooting power in the right spot. Never shoot the ball when you are 18 yards away from the goalie. When you are 5 to 7 yards outside from the penalty box, then take a shoot with your full power. It will let you take a well-controlled shoot which will increase the chance to hit the target.
Tips – 6 Monitor or watch the position of the goalkeeper before taking a goal shoot. Keep watching your goalie for an opening, and then use it to your advantage. Try to aim your shot away from the goalkeeper. Aiming for the corners can be a good option because most goalies do not cover that area.
Tips – 7 Defenders will create difficult obstacles when you go for the goalkeeper. Therefore, you will need to learn how to make the defender overplay. Watch the defender and exploit their weaknesses to move ahead and make a shot.
How to Beat a Goalkeeper in Soccer?
Above, we have discussed how you score goals in a soccer game. This section will explain how to beat the opponent goalkeeper to score more goals.
- First, do not hesitate. Pick your preferred spot and shape your shoot into a corner or away from the goalkeeper.
- Stay straight and take a quick cut and shoot, it will confuse the goalkeeper to jump in the wrong way. Moreover, you can also use your front speed to create an angle for an open-net finish.
- You can chip or scoop the soccer ball over the goalkeeper’s and into the back of the net. You can use this trick when the keeper gets too close to you. Furthermore, you just need to dribble hard with the keeper and take a quick touch to the side.
Hopefully, now you have a better understanding of what a soccer goal is and what it means to score a goal. Now you know that without skill, hard work, patience and a bit of luck, there is no magic formula for scoring soccer goals. You have to follow some simple tips and techniques outlined above to become a great goal scorer.
Becoming a great goal scorer will transform you into a valuable asset for your team. Well, above we just provided a guideline that can help you to become a goal scorer machine. But if you do not practice and do not grab the chances of scoring goals, nothing can help you become a goal scorer.