- Football Women’s Team Player ask FIFA for Equal World Cup Prize Money
- 96% of World Cup fans want to visit again in Qatar: Al Thawadi
- Al Gharafa and Muaither Advance to Amir Cup Quarter-Finals
- Benn Says He Had Suicidal Thoughts after Positive Drug Tests
- Neymar’s Season-Ending Injury Might End His Stay at PSG – Report
How Bayern Munich beat PSG 2-0 to advance to Champions League quarter-finals
- Updated: March 9, 2023
Bayern Munich have beaten Paris Saint-Germain 2-0 in the second leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie, advancing to the quarter-finals 3-0 on aggregate.
The French side had a golden opportunity to level the tie in the first half as Yann Sommer lost the ball in his own box, but Matthijs de Ligt made an incredible goal-line clearance to prevent Vitinha from scoring.
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting doubled the hosts’ aggregate advantage in the 61st minute. It was Marco Verratti’s turnover in his own box this time that created the chance, and Bayern made sure to punish their opponents.
Serge Gnabry sealed the win with his goal in the 89th minute, finishing off a blistering counter-attack.
Bayern advance to the last eight for the fourth straight season, while PSG are eliminated at this stage for the second year in a row.
Source: The Athletic