- Medvedev downplays French Open title chances after Geneva exit
- Liverpool take title race down to the wire with win at Southampton
- Liverpool interested in Mbappe but will not get drawn into transfer battle
- Medvedev still hopeful of playing in Wimbledon
- Milan close in on first Serie A title in 11 years after win over Atalanta
Germany Walk Off Olympics Friendly After Jordan Torunarigha Racist Abuse
- Updated: July 18, 2021
Germany walked off after 85 minutes of Saturday’s pre-Olympics friendly with Honduras after Jordan Torunarigha suffered racist abuse. The 2016 silver medallists played the Central Americans in Wakayama, Japan, as they warmed up for their Games campaign which starts on July 22 against champions Brazil. “The game has ended 5 minutes early with the score at 1-1. The Germany players left the pitch after Jordan Torunarigha was racially abused,” the German Football Association (DFB) tweeted.
German head coach Stefan Kuntz defended his 23-year-old squad member.
“When one of our players is racially abused, playing on is not an option,” told DFB’s Twitter account.