- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Frans Krätzig, a young left-footed whiz-kid from Bayern Munich
- Updated: August 4, 2023
Made headlines with a stunning winning goal in their pre-season match against Liverpool, which ended 4-3 in Bayern’s favor in Singapore. Though relatively unknown at the moment, he could soon become a prominent name in the football world.
Born on January 14, 2003, in Franconia, Krätzig initially played for Nuremberg’s youth teams before catching Bayern’s attention. At just 14 years old, he joined Bayern’s state-of-the-art academy in Munich, where his talent flourished under the guidance of coach Holger Seitz. Despite originally being a midfielder, he was transformed into a left-back last season, leading to an increase in his attacking contributions. For Bayern’s reserves, he managed to score two goals and provide three assists.
In recognition of his potential, Krätzig was awarded a new contract until 2025 in March. His unofficial senior team debut saw him net the decisive goal against Liverpool, showcasing his immense promise for the future.