- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Former Arsenal great regrets not signing for Manchester United
- Updated: May 2, 2018
It wasn’t so long ago when Mesut Ozil was linked with a move to Manchester United, a move which he ultimately rejected to sign a new deal with Arsenal. Like the German, former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit also had the chance to play for the Red Devils – but he, too, rejected and openly claimed to regret his decision.
“Yes, I could have played for Manchester United.
“I really regret not doing that now, I could've played with [Ryan] Giggs, [Paul] Scholes etc. Some amazing players.”
The former midfielder played for the Gunners for three years and appeared in 116 games and scored 11 goals. In his career with the North Londoners, he won the Premier League and the FA Cup once.
Meanwhile, Ozil has played 195 times for Arsenal and has scored 37 goals in the process. He has also won three FA Cup but has failed to win anything bigger thus far.
Petit, however, remains unimpressed with the German and has vaguely suggested that Mesut Ozil only plays well when he wants to. Answering to his fans on Reddit in their Ask Me Anything thread, Petit was asked about who his most favourite player in the Arsenal squad is.
In response, he claimed that while he is unsure of who to name, Ozil is his favourite when he can be bothered to put in a good shift.
“In the current Arsenal team… I have no idea… Ozil when he actually wants to be a player.”