- Bollywood Actress Deepika Padukone to Unveil FIFA World Cup Trophy During Finals in Qatar
- England will face France in the quarter finals after scoring 3-0 against Senegal.
- France defeats Poland 3-1 and qualifies to the quarterfinals for FIFA 2022.
- Brazil’s Neymar to Play Against South Korea: Coach
- Belgium Coach Roberto Martinez leaving Team After World Cup Exit
Football Legend Marcel Desailly Urges World Cup Fans to Join World Cup
- Updated: November 10, 2022
Retired French footballer Marcel Desailly called on fans to contribute positively to Qatar’s sustainability commitments as they attend the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, which kicks off November 20.
Recycling forms a key element of FIFA’s Sustainability Strategy, which it seeks to achieve during the Qatar 2022 championship, as well as its post-tournament activities.
“As a former sportsperson, it’s important for me to take a stand in order to explain and try to bring people’s attention to the need to make choices and be somewhat mindful so that we can make the world a better place, “Desailly told FIFA website.
FIFA’s Head of Sustainability and Environment Federico Addiechi said: “The FIFA World Cup 2022 Sustainability Strategy is central to everything we are doing at FIFA and in collaboration with our partners in Qatar for the tournament. Minimizing waste and increasing recycling are key elements of a sustainable event. One of the objectives is to minimize waste sent to landfill from tournament sites and promote waste management and recycling solutions in Qatar.
“It is fantastic to have Marcel on board and raising awareness of the role everybody can play in recycling. Together, we can make a positive lasting impact.”
Qatar 2022 is the first FIFA World Cup to achieve international ISO 20121 sustainability certification.