- England will face France in the quarter finals after scoring 3-0 against Senegal.
- France defeats Poland 3-1 and qualifies to the quarterfinals for FIFA 2022.
- Brazil’s Neymar to Play Against South Korea: Coach
- Belgium Coach Roberto Martinez leaving Team After World Cup Exit
- Football Fans Can Enter Qatar without Ticket from Tomorrow
FIFA 2022 Opening Match Results
- Updated: November 21, 2022
Yesterday, on November 20th, Ecuador won 2-0 against the host nation Qatar in the opening match of FIFA, taking the lead early in the match.
Following an energizing opening ceremony that included Hollywood legend Morgan Freeman and the South Korean popstar JungKook of BTS, FIFA President Gianni Infantino reported, “Let the show begin.”
Enner Valencia scored a first-half double as Ecuador overwhelmed hosts Qatar on their way to a routine 2-0 win in the opening game of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
It meant Ecuador’s captain became the first player in his country’s history to score four goals in World Cup finals, and he made it five after the half-hour mark, heading home Angelo Preciado’s wonderful right-wing cross.
After the goalkeeper Al-Sheeb’s implausible punch attempt, Valencia headed Ecuador ahead within three minutes. However, the goal was ruled offside after a thorough VAR review revealed what appeared to be an obvious offside, thus the Qatari reprieve was brief.
Goalkeeper Al-Sheeb’s hesitance to engage with Valencia as he raced into the area resulted in him carelessly stumbling the Ecuador striker, who brushed himself off and casually stroked in the following penalty. which was the first time a penalty has opened the scoring at a World Cup.