- Real Madrid beats Liverpool to win Champions League
- Tickets to go on sale for FIFA World Cup 2022™ play-offs at Qatar’s Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium
- IPL 2022: Led by Patidar’s 100, RCB beat LSG by 14 runs; will meet RR in Qualifier 2
- Chelsea takeover: Todd Boehly’s £4.25bn bid approved by government as Roman Abramovich era set to end
- LSG vs RCB Match Prediction – Who will win today’s IPL match between Lucknow and Bangalore?
Fans to attend CAF super cup in Doha at 30 percent capacity
- Updated: May 24, 2021
The CAF Super Cup 2020 Local Organising Committee (LOC) has announced that fans will be permitted to attend the 29th edition of the match will be played in Doha, Qatar.
The tournament match will be played by the TOTAL CAF Champions League champions Al Ahly SC, of Egypt, and Moroccan team RS Berkane, who won the TOTAL CAF Confederations Cup.
The match will be held at Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium in Qatar on Friday, as the game is scheduled to commence at 7pm. In accordance with the safety measures carried out by Qatar’s Ministry of Public Health (MOPH), the stadium’s capacity will be restricted to 30 percent in order to prevent the further spread of the ongoing deadly virus. All those who have received both the doses and those who were affected by the infection during the last nine months will be allowed to attend the match.
To make sure the safety and wellbeing of everyone is kept in place in the stadium, the LOC and MOPH have issued certain measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
• Only fans aged 12 and above who have received both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or those that have been infected by the virus during the preceding nine months will be permitted to attend the match
• All spectators and organisers must adhere to the preventative measures outlined by the MOPH.
• No food or beverages may be served or taken into the stands by spectators
n Spectators will not be permitted to gather at any point, inside or outside the stadium, particularly at entrances
• Spectators must adhere to social distancing guidelines and wear masks at all times
This is the third year in a row that Doha has hosted the TOTAL CAF Super Cup as part of a collaboration between the Qatar Football Association and the Confederation of African Football (CAF). The previous two editions were won by Egyptian team Zamalek SC and Moroccan side Raja Casablanca. The runners-up on both occasions were Tunisian side Espérance Sportive de Tunis.
Al Ahly are the TOTAL CAF Super Cup record holders having claimed the title six times, the latest of which came in 2014 when they beat Tunisian side CS Sfaxien. Berkane, meanwhile, are appearing in their first Super Cup.
Al Ahly qualified for the Super Cup after defeating Zamalek in the Champions League final, while Berkane defeated Pyramids FC in the Confederations Cup.