Europa League Draw: Round Of 16
- Updated: March 2, 2020
Europa League draw for the Round of 16 was announced and the fixtures that made headlines were two Italy-Spain pairings and Manchester United against the debut Austrian club, LASK. Inter Milan will face Getafe, who knocked out last season’s Champions League semifinalists, Ajax, while Sevilla, the competition’s most-successful team, take on Roma. After beating Arsenal in the Round of 32, Olympiakos were paired with another English team, Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Europa League Draw- Round Of 16 Final Ties
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR) vs Copenhagen (DEN)
Olympiacos (GRE) vs Wolves (ENG)
Rangers (SCO) vs Leverkusen (GER)
Wolfsburg (GER) vs Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Internazionale Milano (ITA) vs Getafe (ESP)
Sevilla (ESP) vs Roma (ITA)
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) vs Basel (SUI)
LASK (AUT) vs Manchester United (ENG)
Europa League Draw- Date & Time
Round of 16
First legs: 12 March
Second legs: 19 March
Quarter-finals Draw– 20th March
First legs: 9th April
Second legs: 16th April
Semi-finals Draw- 20th March
First legs: 30 April
Semi-finals: 7 May
Gdansk Stadium, Gdańsk: 27 May
Also Read- UEFA Champions League Second Leg Predictions
- Seven of the eight ties feature first meetings between the sides.
- The only exception: Rangers beat Leverkusen in the 1998/99 UEFA Cup second round (1-1 h, 2-1 a)
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their eight games against Austria clubs, winning seven.
- The Portuguese coaches of Olympiacos and Wolves, Pedro Martins and Nuno Espírito Santo, were team-mates at Guimarães in 1994/95.
- Wolves’ Daniel Podence will face his former Olympiacos team-mates, having made the switch from Piraeus in January.
- Roma’s Spanish goalkeeper Pau López spent last season at Sevilla’s city rivals Real Betis.