- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Cristiano Ronaldo uses phone to check head wound in Real’s win vs. Deportivo
- Updated: January 22, 2018
They say beauty is only skin deep, but that didn't stop Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo from verifying it on someone's phone this Sunday.
Ronaldo suffered a head wound when scoring a brave diving header in his team's 7-1 La Liga win at home to Deportivo La Coruna on Sunday evening but couldn't wait until he left the field to see how bad it was
He commandeered the phone of a club physio so he could immediately see the damage done.
It had seemed that Ronaldo was set for another personally frustrating afternoon as he watched fellow galactico Gareth Bale score twice as Madrid came from 0-1 down to ease past struggling Depor at the Bernabeu.
But the Portugal captain volleyed in his first goal of 2018 to put his team 5-1 ahead late in the second half, then dove bravely to head to the net for his second of the game.
Yet it was also a painful tally as Deportivo defender Fabian Schar's boot made contact with his forehead.
TV pictures then showed Ronaldo checking the damage using a phone provided by Madrid's medical staff and disappearing down the tunnel at the Bernabeu, leaving his team to finish the game with 10 men as all three substitutes had already been made.
Presumably the handsome fella had more important matters to attend to at that point.