- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Cristiano Ronaldo retirement: Sky Sports pundit makes SHOCK prediction
- Updated: February 16, 2018
CRISTIANO RONALDO continued to dazzle on the biggest stage as he scored a brace against Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday.
The Portuguese star’s double for Real Madrid secured a 3-1 first-leg win in their Champions League last-16 clash.
However, Ronaldo’s league form has been below par this season as he only has seven goals to his name.
The former Manchester United forward turned 33 earlier this month and is now coming towards the latter end of his career.
And Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson thinks Ronaldo will call time on his playing days soon, rather than see it fizzle out to a disappointing end.
“I think he is quite close to the end,” Merson told Sky Sports’ The Debate.
“When you are that good you have got to finish quite quickly, you can’t keep on dragging it on because it won’t look good.
“I just think at the moment Messi is ahead.
“When you watch the goals Messi’s goals are phenomenal.”
Merson also highlighted one characteristic that Ronaldo has which he is not fond of.
“I don’t like his selfishness, I really don’t,” Merson added.
“But that is probably why he got to the top.
“The easiest thing in the world is to get to the top, we have seen it with people.
“The hardest thing is to stay there and he has stayed there on that level.”