- Man City to Sign Chelsea Star Mateo Kovacic
- Karim Benzema and Messi Joining Saudi Arabia This Summer- Report
- Here are the Similarities in PSL and IPL Finals
- Victory over Roma: Montiel and Bono helps Sevilla Win the Europa League for the Eighth Time
- Jude Bellingham wins Bundesliga Player of the Season
Cristiano Ronaldo Banned for Two Matches and Fined $60,000 After Fan Clash
- Updated: November 24, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo has been banned for two matches and fined £50,000 ($60,000, 58,000 euros) for hitting a mobile phone out of a teenage fan’s hand at Everton, the Football Association said Wednesday.
Ronaldo, now a free agent following his release by Manchester United on Tuesday, was involved in a flare-up with a 14-year-old boy following the Red Devils 1-0 loss away to Everton in the Premier League at Goodison Park on April 9.
He was cautioned by Merseyside Police, while the FA also charged the Portugal forward with improper conduct. Now an independent panel has handed down a suspension and a fine.
The ban will be transferred when Ronaldo joins a new club in any country, but does not apply in the ongoing World Cup in Qatar, where the 37-year-old is set to feature on Thursday when Portugal launch their campaign against Ghana.