- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Chelsea news: Sky Sports pundit slams Blues for ‘monumental’ mistake
- Updated: February 14, 2018
CHELSEA have been slammed by Sky Sports pundit Jamie Redknapp for making a “monumental” mistake.
Chelsea are facing a fierce battle for the top four places after struggling to keep pace with Manchester City to retain their Premier League title.
However, Redknapp believes that there is one transfer which should not have happened in the summer which has hampered the Blues this campaign.
And that is because the west London outfit let Diego Costa leave to join Atletico Madrid.
Chelsea replaced the Spaniard with Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid, but Redknapp thinks he came with his own problems.
“It was a monumental mistake to get rid of Diego Costa,” Redknapp told Sky Sports’ The Debate.
“I know he was a nuisance but part of being a manager is handling these characters.
“I’m sure he was hot-headed, he caused problems, he’d get sent off, but he’d make the difference.
“You look at this year at how many times they have lost games and he would have come up with a goal.
“That’s why now he has gone and ended up with Morata, but he has never really played regularly at a club.
“This is the first time he has been asked to play regularly and he has found it hard with the injuries.
“There is no winter break for him and a bit like [Alexandre] Lacazette, they are not used to the physicality of this league.”