- Hatayspor Player Christian Atsu Found Alive
- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
Chelsea news: Rio Ferdinand makes Antonio Conte sack prediction
- Updated: February 21, 2018
ANTONIO CONTE will NOT be thinking about losing his Chelsea job, according to Rio Ferdinand.
Conte’s position at Stamford Bridge came under scrutiny earlier this month when Chelsea suffered back-to-back Premier League defeats.
But the Blues bounced back with emphatic wins over West Brom and Hull City to relieve the pressure on the Italian.
Nevertheless, it remains uncertain whether Conte will still be in charge at the start of next season.
Chelsea are entering a pivotal period of games with tonight’s clash with Barcelona in the Champions League before away matches against Manchester United and Manchester City.
However, speaking before the match, Ferdinand said Conte will be expecting to be under pressure if Chelsea fail to win but stressed the former Juventus coach won’t be overly concerned.
Ferdinand told BT Sport: “That’s just the world we are living in now. One result can spin from a confident bunch, positive reports in the media to being dramatically negative.
“That’s just the way it is and the world we are.
“I’m sure Conte expects, if there is a defeat to be pressure mounting and I think he’s honest enough to accept that challenge.
“He’s a big manager, won the league last season.
“No one wants to be under pressure, no one wants to be criticised or put under huge scrutiny but he won’t be thinking about that.”