- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
In an action-packed friendly match in Singapore, Bayern Munich secured a thrilling 4-3 victory over Liverpool
- Updated: August 3, 2023
Making it two consecutive pre-season wins for the German side.
Liverpool took an early lead, courtesy of Cody Gakpo’s goal within the first two minutes, delighting the 50,000-strong crowd. The English team extended their advantage when Virgil van Dijk headed in a goal before the half-hour mark, leaving Bayern with a challenging task.
However, the defending Bundesliga champions quickly found their rhythm, and before half-time, they managed to level the score with goals from Serge Gnabry and Leroy Sane, with the former also assisting the latter’s strike.
The second half continued at a frantic pace, with Dominik Szoboszlai of Bayern having a shot from long range. Luis Diaz fired Liverpool back into the lead midway through the half. Nevertheless, Bayern displayed resilience once again and equalized through Josip Stanisic, who had previously scored the winning goal against Kawasaki Frontale.
The game was set for a thrilling conclusion, and it was Bayern who emerged victorious thanks to a last-minute wonder-goal from their 20-year-old reserve team player, Frans Krätzig. The match proved to be an exhilarating spectacle, providing a fitting end to Thomas Tuchel’s side’s pre-season tour of Asia.