- Tickets to go on sale for FIFA World Cup 2022™ play-offs at Qatar’s Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium
- IPL 2022: Led by Patidar’s 100, RCB beat LSG by 14 runs; will meet RR in Qualifier 2
- Chelsea takeover: Todd Boehly’s £4.25bn bid approved by government as Roman Abramovich era set to end
- LSG vs RCB Match Prediction – Who will win today’s IPL match between Lucknow and Bangalore?
- GT vs RR, IPL 2022: Kolkata Weather Update As Gujarat Titans And Rajasthan Royals Clash In Qualifier 1 At Eden Gardens
Bernardo Silva – City’s title hopes bank on beating Liverpool
- Updated: January 2, 2019
Manchester City’s title defense seems to be in shatters after 3 losses in the month of December and their next fixture against league leaders Liverpool is now a must-win fixture for the sky blues. Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva has admitted that it will be difficult for City to stay in the race if they don’t win on Thursday.
Manchester City are currently placed third in the Premier League table with visitors Liverpool sitting at 54 points from 20 games, 7 points ahead of Pep Guardiola’s reigning champions.
“We know the pressure is a little bit more on us. Because if we don’t win, it will be very difficult to go after them. We have to think that we have to win every game possible to try to reach them, to close the gap a little bit and that’s what we’ll try to do in the next game. We know we are seven points behind and if we win it will be only four. Seven or four is very different, but we’ll put some pressure into them” Bernardo Silva told reporters.
Liverpool are the team to beat this season. The Reds are the only unbeaten team in the league so far and also boast the best defensive record with just 8 goals conceded in 20 league games so far.
“They’ve had a lot of clean sheets. An impressive defence,” Silva added before also recognizing their opponents’ strength across the field. The front three, everyone knows how good they are. They work a lot. The midfielders they work a lot, they press a lot. This season they’ve been doing very well in the Premier League and the Champions League so it’s two very good teams, and we’ll try to win the game” Manchester City’s midfielder concluded.