- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Barcelona news: Philippe Coutinho makes Chelsea admission
- Updated: February 14, 2018
BARCELONA will have to be on their guard from the off when they face Chelsea in the Champions League.
At least that’s the verdict of Nou Camp new boy Philippe Coutinho, who is cup-tied having played in the competition for Liverpool this term.
Barcelona are enjoying a stellar season under Ernesto Valverde and are flying high at the top of La Liga, seven points clear of Atletico Madrid.
They can claim their first major trophy of the campaign when they take on Sevilla in April’s Copa del Rey final.
Barcelona could wrap up a treble if they win the Champions League final at the Olimpiyskiy National Sports Complex in May.
First they have to get past Chelsea in the last-16 though and Coutinho admits that won’t be an easy feat.
'Chelsea? They defend very well,' he said.
'They have top quality players up front, and are very strong on the counter attack.
'It’ll be a great game and we’ll need to concentrate from the very start.'
Barcelona are in La Liga action before they travel to Chelsea next Tuesday.
They will be hoping to extend their lead at the top of the table when they visit seventh-placed Eibar on Saturday.