- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Barcelona News: Barca set to confirm MASSIVE £67 m sponsorship deal today
- Updated: February 15, 2018
Spanish giants Barcelona are set to announce a new sponsorship deal with Turkish company Beko today that will be worth £67 million .
The Turkish company has been a sleeve sponsor with Barcelona since 2014 and now the two sides are ready to extend their partnership by signing a new deal. The new deal, however, will cost the Turkish company double of what they had agreed for four years ago.
Accoriding to reports from Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo, an announcement will be made at 12.30pm UK time, with Gerard Pique being the face at the launch event.
Varca will reportedly earn a whopping £16.9m (€19m) a season until 2022, or £67m over the next four years. The deal, thus will push Barca's total revenue from shirt sponsorship to top £177m (€200m) by next season.
Beko, currently is one of the six ‘premium’ partners that the Catalans have, with Nike and Rakuten being their ‘principle’ sponsors.
The club has a total of 46 sponsorship deals which covers the Americas, China, India and most of Europe.
The La Liga leaders earn between £93m and £133m from Nike each season depending their performance in Spain and Europe. With Messi as their face, they also bag a cool £49m a year guaranteed from Rakuten -their main shirt sponsor. The club also have other incentives such as £1.3m for a La Liga title and £4.4m for a Champions League crown.
The deal will help Barca a great deal after the club handed their main man Lionel Messi a new deal earlier this year which will see the Argentine pocket £1.7m (€2m) a week in wages.