- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Barcelona charged by UEFA following Champions League win over Roma
- Updated: April 6, 2018
UEFA have charged Barcelona after the Catalan fans allegedly threw object on to the field of play during their 4-1 win over Roma at the Camp Nou.
The comfortable win over the Italians in the first leg of their quarter-final has put Barca in the driver’s seat. However, these sactions under Article 16(2) of UEFA's Disciplinary Regulations is sure to dampen the spirits.
May 31 will be date that we will see what are the implications for the unruly fan behaviour as the UEFA UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body will meet on the day to provide the judgment.
Also read: Lionel Messi tells Barcelona to sign Chelsea defender as PSG prepare huge offer – Reports
Own goals from Daniele De Rossi and Kostas Manolas opened the scoring for Barcelona before Gerard Pique and Luis Suarez’s goals in the second half rounded up their comfortable win.
Ernesto Valverde will look to close the deal on Tuesday in the second leg on Tuesday in Rome. While the task for Roma is more than just an ‘uphill’ one, Edin Dzeko’s away goal gives them a glimmer of hope of achieving the improbable.