- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Barcelona and Real Madrid set to fight for the latest Spanish midfield sensation – Reports
- Updated: April 29, 2018
Fabian Ruiz is expected to join Real Madrid ahead of the next season, claimed the Spanish publication, Don Balon. The Betis midfielder has had a pleasant season in La Liga so far and that kept him on the radar of the two Spanish giants, Real Madrid FC Barcelona.
Ruiz, a youth academy product of Real Betis, emerged from the same setup as Dani Ceballos, another Real Madrid midfielder. Like Ceballos, he has also represented Spain in U-19 and U-21 levels. However, he is calmer than compatriot Ceballos who is rather aggressive on field.
While Real Madrid are looking for options in order to replace Luka Modric who is likely to join the MLS, FC Barcelona need a midfielder in place of Andres Iniesta. For Madrid the deal becomes more crucial as Toni Kroos has also been linked with a move to England.
Both the Spanish clubs have stepped up their pursuit for Fabian Ruiz, and as arch-rivals, they would do everything to ruin each other’s chances of signing a potential midfield option.
If Real Madrid successfully rope in the 22-year-old, he can effectively team up with Ceballos, with Casemiro serving as an anchor man.
Ruiz has recently signed a new deal with the Beticos to keep him at the club until 2023. He has a release clause worth €30 million and that ensures a summer battle fo r roping in the Real Betis starlet. It is unlikely that his current club will be able to retain the prodigy as he has already drawn interest from two of the biggest sides in club football.