- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Sevilla’s Jesús Navas Become 2022/23 UEFA Europa League Player of the Season
- Updated: June 6, 2023
UEFA’s Technical Observer panel has named Sevilla’s Jesús Navas as the 2022/23 UEFA Europa League Player of the Season.
The 37-year-old’s form has been up there with anything from his illustrious career and his season culminated with the wing-back scooping an astonishing fourth UEFA Cup/Europa League title.
Navas played a pivotal role in Sevilla’s 1-1 draw against Roma in the final, producing a teasing cross that Gianluca Mancini could only divert past his own goalkeeper to restore parity, before his side went on to triumph 4-1 on penalties.
“I know that ‘never give up’ is this team’s motto,” he said following the Budapest decider. “That can certainly be seen on the pitch. We are a family. Those of us who have been here for a longer time, the veterans, pass it on because this competition made us great.”