- Leach sniffs Ashes chance with Stokes return
- Cristiano Ronaldo Hits Back At Claim He Wants To Beat Lionel Messi’s Ballon d’Or Haul
- Qatar kick off FIFA Arab Cup campaign with 1-0 win over Bahrain
- Abid Ali leads Pakistan to eight-wicket win over Bangladesh
- The Chennai Braves win first match of season 5
South Africa v Pakistan: Mohammad Rizwan stars as tourists win Twenty20 opener
- Updated: April 10, 2021
Wicketkeeper Mohammad Rizwan hit an unbeaten 74 as Pakistan chased 189 with a ball to spare to beat South Africa in the Twenty20 series opener.
Pakistan required 11 from the last over, and three from two balls, with an overthrow sealing a four-wicket win.
Rizwan, who hit nine fours and two sixes, shared 41 with Babar Azam, 45 with Fakhar Zaman and 48 Faheem Ashraf.
Earlier South Africa made 188-6 with opener Aiden Markram making 51 and captain Heinrich Klaasen 50.
Left-arm spinner Mohammad Nawaz took 2-21 for the tourists, while Hassan Ali, who hit nine off three balls to guide Pakistan home, claimed 2-28.
Pakistan needed 52 from four overs, and 38 from 18 balls, before left-arm pace bowler Beuran Hendricks’ (3-32) 18th over went for 16 to leave Pakistan in control.
The second match in the four-match series takes place on Monday, before games on Wednesday and Friday.