- Medvedev downplays French Open title chances after Geneva exit
- Liverpool take title race down to the wire with win at Southampton
- Liverpool interested in Mbappe but will not get drawn into transfer battle
- Medvedev still hopeful of playing in Wimbledon
- Milan close in on first Serie A title in 11 years after win over Atalanta
South Africa Beat India By 31 Runs, Take 1-0 Lead
- Updated: January 21, 2022
South Africa beat India by 31runs to take 1-0 lead in the three-match series. The home team restricted the visitors for 265/8 in 50 overs while defending 297 at the Boland Park in Paarl.
South Africa beat India by 31 runs to take 1-0 lead in the three-match series. The home team restricted the visitors for 265/8 in 50 overs while defending 297 at the Boland Park in Paarl. Shikhar Dhawan, Shardul Thakur and Virat Kohli scored half-century for India in the chase but there was no support from the other batters. It was a clinical bowling performance for South Africa in the first ODI. Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi and Andile Phehlukwayo picked two wickets each while Aiden Markram and Keshav Maharaj got one each for the home team. Earlier, Temba Bavuma and Rassie van der Dussen scored hundreds for South Africa as the home team posted 296/4 in 50 overs. The duo added 204 runs for the fourth wicket which is the second-highest partnership for Proteas for any wicket against India in ODIs. Jasprit Bumrah picked two wickets for India while Ravichandran Ashwin got one.
Source: NDTV Sports