- Team by team analysis of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
- No plans to suspend events in China over Peng, says ITF chief-BBC
- Russia beat Croatia in Davis Cup final
- “You Want To Have Clarity”: Virat Kohli On South Africa Tour Amid Omicron Scare
- Wanindu Hasaranga five-for seals win after Tom Kohler-Cadmore fireworks
Moeen Ali hits 46 and Deepak Chahar takes 4-13 as Chennai Super Kings thump Punjab Kings in IPL
- Updated: April 17, 2021
Moeen Ali hit 46 from 31 balls after Deepak Chahar’s four-wicket haul and Ravindra Jadeja’s electric fielding had shredded Punjab Kings’ top order as Chennai Super Kings stormed to their first win of the IPL season.
England star Ali struck seven fours and a six from the No 3 spot before Sam Curran (5no) smashed the winning boundary as Chennai coasted to their target of 107 with 26 balls to spare in Mumbai to win by six wickets and bounce back from Saturday’s seven-wicket defeat to Delhi Capitals.
Ali – who was eventually dismissed with 17 runs required, two balls after slamming his sole six – also picked up a wicket in Punjab’s lowly 106-8 but the bulk of the damage was done by Chahar and Jadeja as MS Dhoni’s men reduced their opponents to 26-5 inside seven overs.
Source: Sky Sports