- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
James Anderson and Jack Leach bowl England to famous win over India in first Test
- Updated: February 9, 2021
England bowl India out for 192 on day five in Chennai to seal a comprehensive 227-run win in the first Test; Jimmy Anderson takes three wickets in phenomenal spell of reverse-swing bowling, Jack Leach claims four while Virat Kohli’s half-century comes in vain
James Anderson produced a stunning spell of reverse-swing bowling before lunch to lead England to a memorable victory over India in the first Test.
Three wickets for just six runs in a five-over burst broke the game open for Joe Root’s side after Jack Leach had taken the crucial wicket of Cheteshwar Pujara early on.
Virat Kohli (72) provided some resistance for the hosts in Chennai before he was bowled by Ben Stokes and it was left to Jofra Archer (1-23) to wrap up a 227-run win for England, the impressive Leach finishing with figures of 4-76.
Root led the way in his 100th Test match with a double hundred and he moves level with Michael Vaughan on most wins as England captain (26) as the tourists go 1-0 up in the four-match series.
his 100th Test match with a double hundred and he moves level with Michael Vaughan on most wins as England captain (26) as the tourists go 1-0 up in the four-match series.