- F1 drivers defend Netflix series after Verstappen snub
- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
IPL record-signing Chris Morris fires Rajasthan Royals to comeback win over Delhi Capitals
- Updated: April 16, 2021
Chris Morris – the most expensive player in Indian Premier League history – justified his hefty price tag as he fired four late sixes to see his Rajasthan Royals to a thrilling three-wicket win over Delhi Capitals on Thursday.
Chasing 148 to win, the Royals looked to be heading for a second-straight defeat to start the tournament when stumbling to 17-3 inside four overs and 42-5 in the 10th, but David Miller’s 62 from 43 balls and the late cameo from £1.6m man Morris – an unbeaten 36 off 18 deliveries – catapulted them to an incredible comeback win.
Rajasthan’s hopes appeared to rest on Miller’s shoulders but, having brought up his half century in the 16th over, celebrating by striking back-to-back sixes off his next two balls, he departed to the third, still leaving the Royals with a stiff ask of 43 needed from the final four overs, with only three wickets in hand.
That equation became ever trickier two overs later, with 27 needed from the final two, but South African Morris first hammered a pair of sixes from countryman Kagiso Rabada’s penultimate over, and then launched Tom Curran (0-35) into the stands twice more in the last to win the game with two balls to spare.
Source: Sky Sports