- F1 drivers defend Netflix series after Verstappen snub
- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
IPL: Ravindra Jadeja the star as Chennai Super Kings beat Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Updated: April 26, 2021
A stunning performance from Ravindra Jadeja helped Chennai Super Kings beat Royal Challengers Bangalore and go top of the Indian Premier League.
Jadeja, who was dropped on nought, equalled the IPL record for most runs by a batsman in an over when he hit 37 off the final over of CSK’s 191-4.
He then took 3-13 with the ball and had a direct-hit run out as RCB could only reach 122-9 from their 20 overs.
The win moves CSK top at the expense of RCB, who suffer their first defeat.
CSK looked set for a below-par score when they went into the final over on 154-4, despite a half-century from South Africa’s Faf du Plessis.
However, Jadeja reeled off a succession of powerful strokes to blast Harshal Patel all over the Wankhede Stadium.
He smashed four straight sixes – one of which was off a no ball – before ending the over with a two, six and four.
It equals the IPL record set by West Indies batsman Chris Gayle playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Kochi Tuskers Kerala in 2011.
Patel, who had impressive figures of 3-14 heading into the final over, finished with 3-51.
To add to RCB’s pain, Jadeja was dropped at midwicket by Dan Christian when he had yet to score.