- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
- Kolkata Knight Riders Edge Delhi Capitals By 3 Wickets In Thriller To Enter Third Final
IPL 2021: SRH bowling coach Muttiah Muralitharan undergoes angioplasty in Chennai
- Updated: April 19, 2021
Sunrisers Hyderabad’s (SRH) bowling coach Muttiah Muralitharan underwent angioplasty on Sunday in Chennai due to a suspected cardiac issue.
According to reports, a stent was fitted to open a blocked artery discovered during a routine check-up in a well-known hospital. It is understood that Muralitharan is stable now, and there is nothing to worry about.
The Sri Lankan legend will join the Sunrisers Hyderabad squad once again after he is discharged. However, according to BCCI SOPs and protocols, Muralitharan will have to undergo another mandatory quarantine.
After playing for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), Kochi Tuskers Kerala (KTK), and the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in the IPL, Muralitharan joined SRH as bowling coach in 2015.
Muttiah Muralitharan has been a vital cog in the coaching set-up for the franchise over the years and has played a massive role in putting together a strong bowling unit for the team.
Muttiah Muralitharan has represented Sri Lanka in 133 Tests, 350 ODIs, and 12 T20Is during his playing days. He is one of the best spinners to have graced the game of cricket.
He has taken1,347 international wickets in his career. This included 800 wickets in the longest format of the game, making him the highest wicket-taker in test cricket.
Muralitharan was also part of the Sri Lankan World Cup-winning squad in 1996.