- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
India aiming to Break World Title Drought of 12 Years at The Oval
- Updated: June 7, 2023
They might be the geopolitical superpower of international cricket, but India have endured 10 ICC global tournaments stretching across more than 12 years without any silverware to show for their efforts.
Their chance to end that lean streak begins on Wednesday at The Oval where they meet Australia in the second iteration of the World Test Championship Final, before they host the ICC ODI World Cup on home turf later this year.
It was the previous occasion India served as co-host of that global 50-over showpiece – the 2011 tournament that culminated at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium with the home team’s six-wicket triumph over Sri Lanka – that India could legitimately claim status as world champions.
Source:- Cricket AU