- LeBron James Agrees to Extend his Lakers Contract
- Manchester United could let Cristiano Ronaldo leave in the next transfer window
- The end of an era as Serena Williams announces retirement
- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
Big Bash League: Afghan spinner Mujeeb ur Rahman sets T20 record with the bat
- Updated: December 20, 2018
Young Afghanistan international Mujeeb ur Rahman is making the headlines after setting a new T20 record, during the opening day of Australia Big Bash League.
Sent in to bat at number 11 for Brisbane Heat, Mujeeb scored 27 runs off 22 balls against defending champions Adelaide Strikers. Thus setting a new world record and surpassing Sri Lankan Alankara Silva who scored 28 in Sri Lanka’s domestic T20 tournament in 2015-16 at number 11.
Mujeeb walked out onto the 22-yard strip with Brisbane reeling at 101/9 in 15 overs, but Afghan spinners efforts saw his team finish at 146 after he was dismissed with just two balls to spare.
Despite Mujeeb’s record breaking efforts, Brisbane fell to Adelaide in the end with Alex Carey smashing 70 off 46 balls thus taking his side to a five wicket win with five balls to spare.
Not just the bat, Mujeeb was brilliant with the ball as well, conceding just 26 runs off his 4 overs.