- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Adelaide Strikers have made a significant addition to their powerful batting lineup by signing the experienced D’Arcy Short from the Hobart Hurricanes on a two-year contract ahead of BBL|13.
- Updated: August 2, 2023
D’Arcy Short, the fourth-highest run-scorer in Big Bash history, will join forces with the current KFC BBL Player of the Tournament, Matt Short, to strengthen the Strikers squad for the upcoming season.
In addition to the possibility of having Chris Lynn on their side, who is yet to be officially signed, the team is expected to announce more players in the coming weeks.
D’Arcy Short, who was once named the Player of the Tournament in BBL|07 and BBL|08, is part of an exclusive group of players who have scored multiple centuries in the T20 competition. This list includes esteemed names like Aaron Finch, Glenn Maxwell, Usman Khawaja, and Alex Carey.
Besides his exceptional big-hitting abilities, Short’s left-arm wrist spin has been a valuable asset for the Hobart Hurricanes, and he boasts a career-best performance of 5-21 against the Sydney Thunder.
According to Jason Gillespie, the coach of the Adelaide Strikers, D’Arcy Short’s inclusion will not only bring his impressive power-hitting to the team but also add several other valuable qualities to their lineup