- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Champions League round of 16 – English teams face a tough challenge
- Updated: December 17, 2018
The Champions League round of 16 draw was held today in Nyon and we must admit that there are some excellent match-ups in store for the month of February and March.
A total of 4 English teams, 3 German teams, 3 Spanish teams, 2 Italian teams, 2 French Teams, a Portuguese and a Dutch side were involved draw.
None of the English teams have been paired against the Spanish sides, however England will see 3 sides face German outfits. The UEFA has also confirmed that VAR will be put into use in the round of 16.
So without keeping you waiting any longer, here is the list of the exciting fixtures.
Schalke v Man City
Atletico Madrid v Juventus
Man Utd v PSG
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund
Lyon v Barcelona
Roma v Porto
Ajax v Real Madrid
Liverpool v Bayern Munich
Premier League leaders Liverpool have a gruelling of a fixture against Bayern Munich, while Jose Mourinho will have nightmare thinking about his struggling Manchester United preparing to face high flying ParisSaint Germain. Tottenham Hotspurs know that they have a task at hand as they gear up to face Bundesliga leaders Borrusia Dortmund while Pep Guardiola’sManchester City have been handed a favorable draw against Schalke. Real Madrid who are eying a record straight 4th UCL title will be breathing a sigh of relief after being drawn against a youthful Ajax, while Diego Simeone will be up against a familiar foe in Cristiano Ronaldo as his Atletico Madrid have been squared against Serie A giants Juventus.
Which game are you most excited about? Please leave a comment below.