- Football Women’s Team Player ask FIFA for Equal World Cup Prize Money
- 96% of World Cup fans want to visit again in Qatar: Al Thawadi
- Al Gharafa and Muaither Advance to Amir Cup Quarter-Finals
- Benn Says He Had Suicidal Thoughts after Positive Drug Tests
- Neymar’s Season-Ending Injury Might End His Stay at PSG – Report
Manny Pacquiao set to fight Errol Spence Jr in Las Vegas in August
- Updated: May 22, 2021
Manny Pacquiao is set for his first fight in two years when he faces WBC and IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr in August.
The 42-year-old has not fought since he beat Keith Thurman for the WBA welterweight title in July 2019.
He announced on Twitter that he will meet 31-year-old Spence Jr in Las Vegas on 21 August in what would be his 72nd professional fight.
Pacquiao, who is a serving senator in the Philippines, has a 62-7-2 record.
He is aiming to win a world title in a fourth decade after first claiming the WBC flyweight belt in 1998. He has won world titles at eight different weights in his 26-year pro career.
Spence Jr, who has a 27-0 record, claimed victory over Danny Garcia in December in his first fight since a serious car crash in 2019 that left him in intensive care.
Confirming the fight on Instagram, Spence Jr wrote: “Done deal! See y’all in Vegas for the biggest fight of the year.”